The Focus Safety Group Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed to offer essential basic skills and knowledge required to administer first aid in the workplace until someone more qualified is available to take charge of the situation.
WHO NEEDS FIRST AID TRAINING?
Anyone within a business who is looking to become a first aider should attend this course. There is no fixed number of first aiders required within an organisation, so we would recommend businesses carry out a needs assessment to identify how many first aiders your company requires (this should be based off staff numbers, premises type and the nature of the business).
WHAT DOES FIRST AID TRAINING COVER?
First aid training covers a whole host of areas, from implementing first aid in the workplace right through to how to deal with emergency situations. Delegates will learn more about the theory of first aid in the workplace, whilst also gaining hands on skills on how to best care for anyone who becomes ill or is requires emergency first aid due to being involved in an accident within the workplace.
This course will give delegates the skills and knowledge required to administer basic first aid until a more qualified person is able to take charge of the situation.
- First aid at work
- Renewal of First Aid at Work Certificate Course (this particular course takes 2/3 days)
- Emergency first aid for outdoor pursuits
- Paediatric first aid (medic first aid validated)
- Sports medicine (medic first aid validated)
- Overview of first aid
- CPR – adult and child (if appropriate)
- First aid records and procedures
- Maintaining and stocking first aid boxes
- Training on how to deal with the following: epilepsy, asthma, burns and scalds, fractures, shock, choking, illness at work, wounds and bleeding
- How to deal with an unconscious person
- How to place a person into the recovery position
“Excellent health and safety consultancy. We used Focus Safety Group to help us with our fire risk assessments initially. Since working with them we've been using Focus Safety Group as our health & safety consultants, who not only ensure we comply with health and safety regulations but also improve our business performance.”Judy Lyons
“Highly recommend, relaxed atmosphere, great training.”John Birch
“Highly recommend Focus Safety Group if you're looking at any type of safety training. Really knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer they will find out for you.”Patrick James
“Great training friendly staff really safe due to covid 19 well equipped thanks.”Tony Stewart
“A totally professional experience from start to finish. We would recommend them for all your training needs.”Graham Moore
Make An Enquiry
If you have any questions and want to know more please fill in the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.