The ladders and steps training course delivered by Focus Safety Group is designed to equip operators of temporary access equipment with the skills to recognise and eliminate the dangers of incorrect ladder usage.
WHO NEEDS LADDER SAFETY TRAINING?
Ladder safety training is required for any person who will use or supervise the use of ladders and steps in the workplace.This course may also be of use to any employees who might not already be using ladders in their current role, but may be required to do so in the future.
WHAT DOES LADDER SAFETY TRAINING COVER?
Our ladder safety training equips users of temporary access equipment with all theoretical knowledge they require, whilst also giving them insight into recognising and eliminating the danger of incorrect ladder usage. This training allows delegates to conduct risk assessments and select the right equipment for the job according to the height to be accessed. While ladders can be used for low height tasks, it is important to take appropriate measures to reduce risk and candidates will complete the course with an understanding of the risks and the precautions that need to be put in place.
Course content is constantly being updated in line with the changing requirements of Work at Height Regulations.
- Delegates will gain a thorough understanding of statutory regulations surrounding the use of ladders and steps
- A section will cover how to identify different types of ladders and steps
- Hands on experience on how to safely use and carry ladders and steps in the workplace
- The course will be assessed with a multiple choice test paper at the end of the course
- Health and safety surrounding ladders and steps
- Current legislation on safe use of ladders
- How to identify the right ladder for your requirements
- Risk assessment when using ladders
- Ladder inspection method
- Multiple choice test paper at the end of the course
“Excellent health and safety consultancy. We used Focus Safety Group to help us with our fire risk assessments initially. Since working with them we've been using Focus Safety Group as our health & safety consultants, who not only ensure we comply with health and safety regulations but also improve our business performance.”Judy Lyons
“Highly recommend, relaxed atmosphere, great training.”John Birch
“Highly recommend Focus Safety Group if you're looking at any type of safety training. Really knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer they will find out for you.”Patrick James
“Great training friendly staff really safe due to covid 19 well equipped thanks.”Tony Stewart
“A totally professional experience from start to finish. We would recommend them for all your training needs.”Graham Moore
Make An Enquiry
If you have any questions and want to know more please fill in the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.